Sunday, January 4, 2009

Grandma's Birthday

My grandma passed a few years ago, but I still remember her every year on her birthday, since it's just 4 days before mine. Also, Grandma and I shared a very special bond because she was also my Godmother. Every year on this day, since I was confirmed in the Lutheran Church, I've worn the beautiful garnet and white gold ring that she gave me (which was given to her by her aunt, her own Godmother, upon her own confirmation in the Lutheran Church). I'll cherish her memory forever with this one little remembrance. Also, after she passed, she didn't have many "things" left because she'd already been in a small care home for a few years. I was fortunate to receive a nice warm vest, and I wear it often. I miss you, Grandma! With love from Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment