Friday, January 9, 2009

Fearless Knitting and Crocheting

My passion (besides my family!) is knitting and crocheting. I'm committed to learning everything I can about both crafts, and doing the very best work that I can. I've begun designing some things on my own and hope one day to be a published designer. EVERY crochet and knit magazine is my favorite, and I would be proud to be published in any one of them. Both crafts have been a life line for me over the past few years while I've been working my way through the confusing world of mental illness, and also some very serious back surgery and paralysis (thank God so much for this not happening in my hands, so that I may knit, crochet, and play piano...music...another post for another day). I also thank God that the paralysis is in my left foot, so that I may use my right foot for driving and the pedals on the piano.

The project I'm currently working on is a pale blue sweater for myself. I'm usually working on things for others, so it's fun to be making something pretty for myself this time! It's crocheted mostly with single crochet, but with some front-post double crochet cable work, and I'm debating whether to add some bead work to it. I'll be sure to post a picture when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment